In handwork we were able to use the 3rd grade's stove while they were away on a field trip to dye the students felted slippers that didn't get to put color on originally. I have dye from Dharma but decided since I only have 50 minutes (less really) to get them dyed and out of the class to use Kool-aid. It worked great and you don't have to add anything. I used a packet per 2 cups of water. For each pair of slippers I suggest at least 4 packets. On a different day we tried to dye this students slippers at the end of another dye bath that was pretty exhausted. She wanted them darker so we dyed them again. Grape - Koolaid

They came out a great dark purple color.
We then went for the blue raspberry dye (beware - tropical punch is not blue though the package is blue).
This student had also dipped hers into the end of an exhausted grape dye bath and were really light. So we tried them again but this time in blue.
Here you can see the dye is getting exhausted. All the color is going into the felt and leaving clear water.
They came out more baby blue. She needs to felt and shape them a bit more but she is pretty happy with them. Another student did this color and they are bright blue!
No comments:
Post a Comment